During our peak season, our Bici Love riders generally have 3 daily rides to choose from, scaled for pace, distance and level of climbing. You can feel free to change your ride level from day to day. However, we encourage you to know your abilities and think about how you ride at home when selecting a daily ride. Selecting a ride most suited to your abilities will make for a happier cycling holiday.
Every ride has at least one, but often two professional guides to lead and look after the needs of the group. You will always be in good hands. We do our best to make your rides both fun and challenging…but not overwhelming. When you sign up for a package, we will send you a questionnaire to help us recommend the best level of riding for you. And, our bike managers are available to discuss ride levels with you and help you determine if a particular ride is appropriate and safe for your level of fitness.
One of our “Pluses” is that we only offer small cycling groups. We don’t take on massive groups of cyclists, but offer a more boutique experience. We lead a maximum of 20-30 cyclists per day and every guide rides with a maximum of 8-10 cycling guests.
Cycling clothing and helmets are required for all rides, and cycling shoes are strongly suggested (rather than running or athletic shoes).
Our Bici Love rides put the focus on group cycling. For a more leisurely oriented bike holiday, with daily sightseeing and food tasting destinations by bike, take a look at our
Dolce Vita package (click here)
The “EPIC” ride is available for the most serious athletes, who will tackle the longest, toughest routes, with distances ranging from 90-130 km, and typically at a pace of around 25-35kph, depending upon terrain.
• Distance: 90-130 km / 55-80 mi
• Elevation per Tour: 1000-2200 m
• Climb length: max 15 km / 9 mi
• Max. grade climbs: max 15 %
• Average speed on flat: 25-35 km/h / 15-21 mi/h
The “ENTHUSIASTIC” ride adds just a little more riding challenge to the Classic Ride. The Enthusiasts will still ride the same roads as the classic ride, and see the same beautiful scenery, but they will get a few more opportunities to test out their cycling abilities on some longer and/or steeper climbs, ride at a faster pace, and take on a few longer loops to add more Km/miles to their route. This is our most requested ride level.
• Distance: max 80-100 km / 50-60 mi
• Elevation per Tour: 800-1500 m
• Climb length: max 10 km / 6 mi
• Max. grade climbs: max 10/12 %
• Average speed on flat: 25-30 km/h / 15-18 mi/h
Our Classic ride is for experienced cyclists who ride at a moderate pace, and are comfortable in various terrain, including longer hill climbs, riding in a group and who are confident in traffic (though we seek out the quiet roads we do sometimes have to encounter some busier city and village streets).
Our Classic ride will generally take the group on a 50-60 km (30-40 miles) ride with hills that might extend for 3-4 km (1.5-2.5 miles), and smaller undulating terrain. Cyclists should expect to be on the bike between 3 and 5 hours, including stops.
Cycling clothing and helmet are required, and cycling shoes are suggested (not just running or athletic shoes)
• Distance: max 50-70 km / 30-40 mi
• Elevation per Tour: 200-500 m
• Climb length: 5-6 km / 3-4 mi
• Max. grade climbs: max 5-6%
• Average speed on flat: 20-25 km/h / 12-15 mi/h
These are the minimum levels requested to take part in our guided group tours. If your riding ability is slower and you are a beginner, we suggest to reserve an exclusive guide who can organize tailor made tours according to your training level or you can book our special DOLCE VITA package (click here) with the possibilities to rent a new Pinarello road e-bike.
We are a bike hotel, catering to enthusiastic cyclists and cycling athletes, specializing in guided tours with professional guides. We care a lot about the preparation level of our clients and we have set practical and physical training parameters for cyclists to join our excursions, whether in a group ride, or a private ride with an exclusive guide. These parameters are very important for the safety of all of our clients. We host cyclists from all over the world and sometimes the concept of “cyclist” and a “cyclising excursion” can hold different definitions from one country to another and from place to place and person to person. In order to better understand what we offer to cyclists, please continue to read below.
Our requirements include:
- all excursion participants must be over 18 years old: Participation by minors will be evaluated on a case by case from our bike manager
- all excursion participants must be knowledgeable of and have experience on a road bike. Guests with bike rentals are responsible for proper use of the bike and are liable for damages in case of falls/crashes
- all excursion participants must wear appropriate cycling dress (bibs, bike jersey, helmet and sunglasses)
- all excursion participants have to wear cycling shoes or training shoes.
The terrain around Lake Garda is characterized by curvy roads with a lot of climbs, some short and easy, but others long and hard. There are not many flat roads.
- all excursion participants must be able to ride at least 40-50k.
- all excursion participants must be able to manage climbs of of at least 2 km in length and with 5-6% average grade.
The areas in and around Lake Garda and Verona (especially between June and September) can have a lot of traffic. Our guides avoid the busier roads as much as possible, but on occasion, busier roads are the only option for a portion of the ride.
- all excursion participants must be able to ride in traffic, adjacent to cars or other vehicles
- all excursion participants must be comfortable riding through roundabouts, stopping at every stop sign and crossing intersections in traffic.
Cyclists meeting these minimum requisites are welcome join our group tours ( in the CLASSIC group ) or with a private guide ( Dolce Vita Package ). If you don’t meet these requirements, but still want to ride, we recommend renting our city bikes to ride to Peschiera centre. Or you can rent a hybrid, mountain or an electric bike, at local partner shop and ride alone on our cycling paths or along the beaches on the lake. These are relaxing paths, that will take you for short, easy rides that can be done without a guide.
A new ride every day-each day of the week we offer you a different guided excursion designed with the knowledge of our expert local guides.
Our weekly programm is designed to provide a balance between challenging and more relaxed riding to your cycling holiday ...
Every day at Garda Bike Hotel is a celebration of our passion for cycling, our hospitality, our cuisine, and our love for sharing it with you! A typical day with us provides…
We have a wide range of routes – flats, hills or mountains – from 40 to 150 km in length to suit everyone. And, take a look at our epic climbs….