13th October 2019, the Granfondo Il Lombardia at Lake Como: starting this year, this event is one of our Boutique Cycling Experiences! This is our last cycling experience for the 2019 season, and one that should not be missed!
In addition to our own Lake Garda, we think Lake Como is one of the most beautiful places in the world to ride. Scenery abounds as you ride along the lake as well as into the hills and through beautiful villages. This Gran Fondo follows the day after the famous Tour of Lombardy, so you can be inspired by the pros on Saturday and follow in their footsteps on Sunday. What a way to end the cycling season! The Gran Fondo starts and ends in Como with three climbs including the legendary Ghisallo and the crazy steep Muro di Sormano. The good news (at least for some) is that while there is only one route of 101.3 km, cyclists have the option of avoiding the 15.8% average grade of the Muro di Sormano (max grade of 27%!!) by adding 2.3 km to the route.
When the climb up to the Madonna del Ghisallo became part of the route of Il Lombardia , a local priest, Father Ermelindo Viganó, proposed that the Madonna be declared the patroness of cyclists. Pope Pius XII then confirmed it should be so. The shrine of Madonna del Ghisallo contains a small cycling museum with photos and artifacts from the sport. An eternal flame burns for cyclists who have died.
This is an 8-night (minimum) package, which includes:
• 4 nights in Lake Como, from Thursday 10th October to Monday 14th October 2019
• a minimum 4 nights stay at Lake Garda, which can be extended further to suit your needs.
October 10th, Thursday
Arrive at Garda Bike Hotel in Peschiera del Garda and depart in the morning with a transfer to Lake Como. There will be a bike fitting for the first easy ride along the lake.
In the evening we will have a group dinner in a typical restaurant.
- if you are landing in Italy on the 10th, you must arrive in Peschiera del Garda in the morning by 9 am, in order to join the group transfer from Garda Bike Hotel to Lake Como. Otherwise we suggest arrival at least one day earlier in Peschiera del Garda
October 11th, Friday
We’ll have the chance to ride the Gran Fondo route, climbing up to the GHISALLO Church & the famous Italian Museum of Cycling GHISALLO https://www.museodelghisallo.it/it/ and the Muro di Sormano.
In the evening we will have a group dinner in a restaurant in Como.
October 12th, Saturday
We’ll take in an easy morning ride.
After the ride you will pick up your Gran Fondo welcome pack (the goodie bag and number).
Today we will watch the PRO’s ride in The Tour of Lombardia. In the evening we will have a group dinner at the Hotel Posta in the restaurant “La Veranda”.
October 13th, Sunday
This is the day of our “Gran Fondo Il Lombardia”
Wake up to a super energy breakfast. Roll down to the start line and be ready to ride the event of your life.
Starting from Como, the Gran Fondo Lombardia features 3 iconic climbs: the Ghisallo, the Sormano with Muro and Colma and finally, the Civiglio.
In the evening we will have an informal, fun pizza dinner to celebrate the day’s accomplishments.
October 14th, Monday
After breakfast we will leave for Lake Garda. After arrival at the Hotel, we will go out for a coffee ride through the Morenic Hills and to Borghetto, a Unesco World Heritage Site. We think of this area as “Little Tuscany”, an area that tends to be flatter, but also marked with rolling hills and winding roads.
October 15th, Tuesday
Today is an epic ride: Monte Baldo. This is the highest peak around Lake Garda. We will take you to the plateau of Lessini, over 10,000 hectares (25,000 acres) containing a surprising variety of natural species as well as historical and archaeological sites, at an altitude of 1000m. In the evening we will attend a special tasting at a winery in the area.
October 16th, Wednesday
Today we’ll along the Riviera degli Olivi. You will discover a corner of the Mediterranean on the southside of the lake that is flat and embraced by the gentle slopes of the Riviera degli Olivi. This ride is a great recovery ride.
October 17th, Thursday
Today we will ride in the Valpolicella area and we will stop for lunch at the winery "Santa Maria Valverde” for a wine and local food tasting.
In the afternoon, cooking class with Mama Elvira.
October 18th, Thursday
After breakfast you will have the chance to take one last ride or to check out, saying goodbye to your new cycling friends!
- this is only a sample program, some of the details above may be modified due to organizational reasons, weather, etc.
- if you are landing in Italy on the 10th, you must arrive in Peschiera del Garda in the morning, in order to join the group transfer from Garda Bike Hotel to Lake Como
The HOTEL POSTA is in Moltrasio, on Lake Como. Formerly named “Locanda della Posta”, the Hotel Posta is nearly three centuries old. Moltrasio, a picturesque village overlooking the first basin of Lake Como, has always been a must for anyone traveling along the “Via Regina”: that’s how the Hotel Posta had begun to welcome travellers who wanted a refreshment stop by the lake. A unique hotel where you feel at home.
The GRAND HOTEL IMPERIALE is also in Moltrasio, on Lake Como. Built in the early 1900’s and renovated in the 1950’s the hotel is a blend of architectural styles, making it a unique resort to spend an unforgettable lakeside holiday. Timeless beauty in a blooming garden on the lake Como shore, where you will find peace and tranquillity. Just a few kilometres from Como, Moltrasio is an ideal destination to visit to enjoy the Lake.
Hotel Posta 3*** or Grand Hotel Imperiale 4****
• 4 nights’ accommodation in double rooms
• Buffet breakfast every morning
• Dinner featuring the best local produce and cuisine,
• laundry service for your cycling kit
• Secure bike storage room
• Support of our Van and driver / mechanic who will look after your bike
• Our professional guides will ride with you
• GUARANTEED VIP ENTRY TO GRAN FONDO
At Lake Garda
Minimum 4 nights of accommodation at our four star Garda Bike Hotel in Peschiera del Garda.
• Accommodation in our hotel rooms or apartments
• our "Bici Love - ALL INCLUSIVE cycling package" including:
• Full board (breakfast, post ride buffet, dinner a la carte)
• Daily guided group rides (7 days per week), with van support on long rides
• Daily laundry service (bike clothing)
• Transfers from/to Verona with prior arrangement
click here for more detailed information
• T-shirt special design Garda Bike Hotel by Alè mod. top quality PRR
• Group transfer from Peschiera del Garda to Lake Como (10th October in the morning)
• Group transfer from Lake Como to Peschiera del Garda (14th October in the morning)
The total price for this special offer starts from:
Hotel POSTA 3*** in Moltrasio
€ 2.799,00 per person, in double/twin room, per 8 nights (BIKE RENTAL INCLUDED)
€ 2.299,00 per person, in double/twin room, per 8 nights (BIKE RENTAL EXCLUDED)
Single room supplement: € 499,00 per 8 nights
The PLUS for our returning guests is the FREE bike rental:
€ 2.299,00 per person, in double/twin room, per 8 nights (BIKE RENTAL INCLUDED)
GRAND HOTEL IMPERIALE 4**** in Moltrasio
€ 2.999,00 per person, in double/twin room, per 8 nights (BIKE RENTAL INCLUDED)
€ 2.499,00 per person, in double/twin room, per 8 nights (BIKE RENTAL EXCLUDED)
Single room supplement: € 699,00 per 8 nights
The PLUS for our returning guests is the FREE bike rental:
€ 2.499,00 per person, in double/twin room, per 8 nights (BIKE RENTAL INCLUDED)
Contact us for a custom offer, for individual cyclists as well as for teams and clubs.
We are an OFFICIAL PINARELLO RENTAL CENTRE with more than 50 bikes available in different sizes. In 2019, our top of the line bike rental is the new PINARELLO DOGMA F10 DISK with Di2 eletronic gear and disc brakes. The bike of the Team Sky and Chris Froome. The PINARELLO GREVIL is a true all day road bike that ticks all the boxes. From the super plush 30mm wide tyers, that will let you easily negotiate the cobblestones and medieval stone-paved streets of our surrounding villages, to the extra wide 50-34 // 12 – 34 gearing that will empower you to enjoy even our most feared climbs, complete with powerful Shimano hydraulic disc brakes and a more relaxed geometry for all-day comfort. The PINARELLO NYTRO is the first e-road bike that guarantees the maximum riding pleasure downhill and a seamless and effective support uphill. The new NYTRO offers four modes, to help you go for a ridewherever you want, with an electric assistance until 25km/h. As a new standard on the e-road bikes market, NYTRO uses the most advanced drive system in the market: EVATION from FAZUA. The PINARELLO PRINCE & GAN are our standard level bikes for beginner or casual riders and suits the needs of everybody.
The following services are available at an additional cost:
• Overnight in single room
• Airport transfers to Garda Bike Hotel from most major northern Italian airports by prior arrangement. (except the transfer Verona "Valerio Catullo" - Garda Bike Hotel or Garda Bike Hotel - Verona "Valerio Catullo" that is already included in the package)
The following will not be included in the quoted price of the package:
• Personal expenses and purchases, such as alcoholic drinks unless specifically mentioned in the program above