Bellissimi…there is no better way to describe these two stunning cycling destinations where you can experience the very best Italy has to offer in one package…the lake, the mountains the wine, the food and conquering the epic climbs of the Giro d’Italia.
Lake Garda is one of the most beautiful inland lakes in Italy if not all of Europe. Stunning vistas of the shimmering lake framed by mountain peaks are a regular feature as you ride along its shoreline. Beyond the lake, charming vineyards and little historical towns all invite you to discover more of this beautiful region.There is no shortage of riding options to suit all abilities tastes around Lake Garda.
Bormio is at the heart of the Italian Alps and iconic mountain passes including the Passo dello Stelvio, Passo Gavia and Passo Mortirolo; all legends of the Giro d’Italia that test your cycling ability like no other place on earth. This breathtaking backdrop will spark your inner desire to challenge yourself and conquer these beautiful yet unforgiving summits!
Garda Bike Hotel and Hotel Funivia share a passion for cycling and a strong bond between the families that own these unique properties. Through many years of serving cyclists of all levels, from all across the world, we have developed a range of services that surpass all other bike hotels in Italy. We are dedicated to cyclists and love nothing more than sharing our local rides with you so enjoy the best of both worlds with our Garda & Bormio package.
• Daily group ride with professional guides
• Daily laundry service for bike clothing including free laundry net
• Van support for mechanical assistance
• Bike room with alarm, workshop and washing area
our "Bici Love - ALL INCLUSIVE cycling package" including:
• Full board (breakfast, post ride buffet, dinner a la carte)
• Daily guided group rides (7 days per week), with van support on long rides
• Daily laundry service (bike clothing)
• Transfers from/to Verona with prior arrangement (driver available from 8 am to 8 pm)
• Full cycling kit by Alè
At Hotel Funivia
• the Half Board Bike treatment including:
• Half board (breakfast, post ride snacks until 16.30, dinner a la carte)
• Pre-packed snack lunch for daily rides (bananas and sandwiches)
Further information about Hotel Funivia visit: www.hotelfunivia.it
ENJOY GARDA HOTEL **** / Garda Bike Hotel (Peschiera del Garda)
• Single or twin share accommodation in one of our Easy class hotel rooms in Hotel (we have also superior room and Jacuzzi Suite on request)
• Apartament in our Hatelier Garda Home (apartments in our Dependance 150 meters far from the Hotel).
HOTEL FUNIVIA *** (Bormio)
Hotel Funivia is a three star family owned hotel located in the popular ski town of Bormio, which is also a cycling mecca during the summer. The property features alpine ski-lodge style decor with an excellent restaurant serving high quality cuisine typical of the area made with the best local produce. Further information about Hotel Funivia visit: www.hotelfunivia.it
• Accommodation in Alpine style single/double/family rooms
We pick you up at the airport... We take you to Garda Bike Hotel (most of the bikers prefer to start the tour here, as a warm up, and then continue their holiday on the Alps)... After 3-4 days (or more) we transfer you to Bormio; during the transfer, there is also the possibility to climb the famous Gavia or MortiroloPass. Once in Bormio, our colleagues of Hotel Funivia (considered one of the best Italian Bike Hotel) will take care of you for another 3 or more nights; then we take you back to the airport.
You can join this tour any day, there is no minimum number of participants
The following services are available at additional cost:
• Overnight in single room
• Unaccompanied luggage and bike transfer between Garda Bike Hotel and Hotel Funivia in our private mini-van if you are making your own way to Bormio,
• Ride the Passo Gavia on route to Bormio accompanied by our Garda Bike Hotel guides while we transfer you to Hotel Funivia in our private min-van
• Mass Ride in Bormio on Thursday evening (€ 20,00) and Bernina Pass on Friday (€ 45,00)
• Leave your bike at home and rent one of our high quality Pinarello F10 Dogma bikes during your stay at both Garda Bike Hotel as well as Hotel Funivia,
• Airport transfers to Garda Bike Hotel from most major northern Italian airports by prior arrangement.
The following will not be included in the quoted price of the package:
• Flights and airport transfers (except the transfer Verona "Valerio Catullo" - Garda Bike Hotel or Garda Bike Hotel - Verona "Valerio Catullo")
• Personal expenses and purchases, such as alcoholic drinks unless specifically mentioned in the programme above,
This offer is valid from 25.05 to 25.09. (before and after the Stelvio Pass is closed for snow)
The minimum stay for this special offer is 6 nights (3 nights each location)
The total price for this special offer starts from € 199,00 per 1 person, in double/twin room, per night
Contact Us for a custom offer, for individual cyclists as well as for teams and clubs.
Garda Bike Hotel
At Garda Bike Hotel we operate a flexible schedule with guided rides every day of the week during the cycling season with flexibility to cater to our guests needs. During your stay, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred rides from our extensive ride list to suit your abilities and interest.
In Bormio Hotel Funivia and Stelvio Experience are the accommodation and group ride providers and operate a fixed schedule of guided group rides every week. This provides certainty to guests who wish to take on the epic challenges such as Passo Stelvio, Passo Gavia and Passo Mortirolo. The weekly schedule alternates between long and short rides to allow you some time to recover as well as enjoy time off the bike in this beautiful alpine location. The weekly ride schedule is provided below:
Stelvio loop or Bormio Tour (with Van support)- 102 km
Cancano Lake - 40 km
Mortirolo-Gavia Loop (with van support) - 115 km
Morning departure to Stelvio (short version) - in the evening Mass Ride with pasta party - 40 km (the evening ride has a supplement starting from € 20,00)
Bernina Pass (with van support) - 130 km (the Bernina Pass has a supplement starting from € 45,00)
Bormio-Gavia (short version) - 30 km
No scheduled ride - Self-guided
We suggest that you arrange your travel itinerary with the Stelvio Experience ride schedule in mind in order to complete a particular ride you may be interested in such as the Stelvio loop.
If for some reason you are not able to be in Bormio to take part in your preferred rides, you do have the option to ride unaccompanied up Passo Stelvio, Gavia or Mortirolo. Riding in Bormio is a unique experience as the mountain passes begin right out of the town and riding unaccompanied can be navigated with ease, often in the company of cyclists from all over the world due to the popularity of these rides in summer.
Stelvio Experience provides Garmin maps and operates a bag drop service that will drop off a pre-packed kit bag at the summit of the Stelvio or Gavia for you, if you wish to ride unaccompanied. Riding in the Alps does require a change of cycling kit for the descents due to the temperature drop at the summit and often-variable weather conditions.
The combined package of Lake Garda & Stelvio was better than we expected. Each location had amazing views and landscape, fabulous cycling, perfect accommodations, delicious food, affordable tasty drinks and helpful, friendly and warm staff. The only thing we would do differently is stay longer at each location. Garda Bike Hotel assistance and communication in planning the trip was so helpful and great. They set everything up so that all we needed to do was show up, ride our bikes, eat and enjoy the amazing Italian Lakes District.