Our newest package for the 2019 season takes you to both Lake Garda and Tuscany with our participation in the Gallo Nero Gran Fondo, on September 22, 2019:
This event is one of our Boutique Cycling Experiences and offers many perks, including use of the new Pinarello Dogma F12 as part of the package!
The 2018 edition of this gran fondo was a great success, due in part to the excellent organization as well as the beautiful landscape in the hills of the Chianti region. The chain of Chianti hills makes up the character of this area between Florence and Siena. The history of Chianti has always been deeply linked to wines and other first-class products, making it the perfect destination for a gourmet journey. You’ll experience first-hand the traditional Tuscan cuisine and wine in the towns of the region that produce world-renowned DOCG Chianti red wine.
Participants can choose between two gran fondo routes:
Granfondo 135 Km - 2,621m of elevation
Medio 83 Km - 1,526m Elevation
We’ll also offer a Dolce Vita group that will offer shorter rides, and an alternate route on the day of the Gran Fondo.
This is a 8 night (minimum) package, which includes:
• 4 nights in Tuscany, from Thursday 19th September to Monday 23rd September 2019
• a minimum 4 nights stay at Lake Garda, which can be extended further to suit your needs.
SUNDAY - 15.09.18
Check-in at Garda Bike Hotel and welcome drinks with our bike manager, Alberto. Our team will adjust your bike for your first "Gelato" ride (40-50 km) to Punta San Vigilio.
MONDAY - 16.09.19
Shorter route with the DOLCE VITA GROUP. We will take you to Verona and Valpolicella, where we will stop for a local wine tasting.
Longer route for the ENTHUSIATIC GROUP. The big Mountain Tour - climb Monte Baldo with us.
If uphill is your inspiration, this tour is for you. We’ll take you to the mountain range between Verona and Trento, climbing to 2218 meters above the sea, the highest point in the region.
TUESDAY - 17.09.19
Today we’ll take a tour through the Riviera degli Olivi. You will discover a part of the Mediterranean south of the lake, with flat terrain, surrounded by the slopes of the Riviera degli Olivi. This tour suits all abilities.
WEDNESDAY - 18.09.19
This day will be spent riding in the Morenic Hills. Like a mini Tuscany, the area is marked by rolling hills and winding roads.
THURSDAY - 19.09.19
After breakfast, we depart for Siena. Check in at the Hotel ... and lunch. After lunch, we’ll take a pleasant ride, at a light pace.
40 km for the Dolce Vita Group/60-70 for the Enthusiastic Group. In the late afternoon, apertitivo in Piazza del Campo and then pizza in a restaurant in the city.
After breakfast, we’ll do some reconnaissance for the Granfondo Gallo Nero: Short route for the Dolce Vita group/ Long route for the Enthusiastic Group. In the afternoon, we’ll visit the commune of Castelnuovo Bereandenga with wine and dinner tasting at FELSINA WINERY.
SATURDAY - 21.09.19
For the Dolce Vita group, a pleasant morning ride in the hills around Siena; then a visit San Gimignano where we meet up with the enthusiastic group.
For people who will participate in the Granfondo, today is a day off the bike, with a visit to San Gimignano where they will join the group Dolce Vita group.
SUNDAY - 22.09.19
Gran fondo day for the Enthusiastic Group! Our DOLCE VITA group will do a private ride along the vintage Eroica route, a traditional route in Tuscany. The afternoon is yours to explore the city of Siena.
Appetizers and dinner, a typical Florentine barbecue at a local farm.
MONDAY - 23.09.19
Breakfast and then time to check out. For those returning home, we will take you directly to the Firenze train station or to the Verona airport.
We suggest consulting with us before booking flights to avoid logistics problems.
In the Chianti hills, surrounded by vineyards and woods, Villa Campomaggio Hotel began as an aristocratic 18th century villa with a landscape that was held dear by poets of the past. An elegant atmosphere pervades the gardens, and the homey hospitality of the entire staff ensure that your stay here will be an authentic experience.
• Four nights’ accommodation at Hotel Villa Campomaggio , an aristocratic 18th century villa;
• Accommodation in double rooms
• Buffet breakfast every morning
• dinner in local restaurant, featuring the best local produce and cuisine
• Support of our Van and driver / mechanic who will look after your bike
• Our professional GBH guides will ride with you
OPTIONAL STAY AT LAKE GARDA
• Accommodation at our four star Garda Bike Hotel in Peschiera del Garda, in our hotel rooms or apartments
• our "Bici Love - ALL INCLUSIVE cycling package" including:
- Full board (breakfast, post ride buffet, dinner a la carte)
- Daily guided group rides (7 days per week), with van support on long rides
- Daily laundry service (bike clothing)
- Transfers from/to Verona with prior arrangement
STAY AT GARDA BIKE HOTEL + HOTEL VILLA CAMPOMAGGIO
€ 2.999,00 per person in double room for 8 nights, Pinarello Dogma F12 Rental included
€ 3.699,00 per person in double room SINGLE USE, for 8 nights, Pinarello Dogma F12 Rental included
€ 2.399,00 per person (NON CYCLIST COMPANION) in double room, for 8 nights
• • •
At Garda Bike Hotel: € 100,00 discount if you book one of our 5 apartments - HATELIER GARDA HOME (ask for availability)
Contact Us for a custom offer, for individual cyclists as well as for teams and clubs.
- Bike Rental of our PInarello Dogma F12 Disk included
- Daily laundry service for cycling clothing
- Guaranteed ENTRY to Granfondo Gallo nero
- Transfer to the Granfondo start line
- Collective transfer to/from Tuscany
The following will not be included in the quoted price of the package:
• Personal expenses and purchases, such as alcoholic drinks unless specifically mentioned in the program above